Curiosity, Imagination, History,
- Reading a fairytale can spark a child's curiosity about unknown times, mysterious places and colorful characters, while engaging their minds in complex plots and story lines.
- Stories are filled with action, mystery, unknown lands and heroes and their quest to find good over evil – all of which engage a child's imagination.
- Many fairytales evolved from historical stories of long ago introducing legends, chronicles of travel, descriptions of lands far away and important people from long ago.
- The reading of fairytales helps children to develop language and vocabulary skills as they hear stories repeated over time.
- < > and values are introduced to children often through simple or silly characters that kids can relate to.
Now check out my Book Review for another helpful tool about reading fairytales!